G$earch

Star Apps: Orgy

Posted by Harshad

Star Apps: Orgy


Star Apps: Orgy

Posted: 07 Apr 2014 05:56 PM PDT

Synth-rock band Orgy first gained fame with a cover of New Order's "Blue Monday." The single sold 1 million copies, catapulted the band to the top of the modern rock and dance charts, and introduced New Order to a new generation of fans. Orgy singer Jay Gordon hopes the group's new EDM-tinged rock single "Wide Awake and Dead" and forthcoming EP have similar success.

Jay Gordon (center) resurrected Orgy with a new lineup.

(Credit: Courtesy: Lesley Z Media PR)

You reformed Orgy in 2012 and released "Grime of the Century." Why is now the right time to bring Orgy back? Well, why not? And I just didn't want the brand to die.

Why were you forced to get a new lineup? What's going on with the other members? Forced? Hmm...well, nothing against the old guys, but it just didn't seem like it was happening, and I felt like I would have been waiting around forever, because they were busy with other projects.

Former members went to the media and accused you of firing them from the band. What's the real story? From the beginning, I created and owned the name Orgy -- the past members and I had a partnership in which I licensed the name. After not being able to get it together, I did what I had to do, which was send a letter of termination, move on, and get to what's important.

Check out the teaser for "Wide Awake and Dead":

You said th... [Read more]






0 comments:

Post a Comment